Care Worker - Castledare Village
- Permanent part-time position
- Working 8 shifts per fort night
- Generous salary packaging options available
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
Castledare Village, in Wilson, is situated next to the meandering Canning River, and comprises 73 private rooms, in four houses; one of which is a specialised dementia facility as well as the new Comfort Care Centre.
In this role you will oversee the holistic care needs of Castledare Village's residents; including the provision of personal care, domestic services and/or daily living supports. This role will be primary based in the dementia specific area so previous experience in dementia care will be essential.
You will be supported and guided by the Facility Manager, Clinical Nurse and a Registered Nurse on site 24 hours per day.
The successful candidate will have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care
- previous experience in Aged Care
- experience with dementia care
- competency in dispensing of medication (desirable)
- the ability to problem solve and adapt to the residents' needs
- the ability to empathise with elderly residents
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability and commitment to uphold high standards of work