Care Worker - Medication Competent
- Working 8 shifts per fortnight
- Permanent part-time position
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
Castledare Village, in Wilson, is situated next to the meandering Canning River, and comprises 73 private rooms, in four houses; one of which is a specialised dementia facility as well as the new Comfort Care Centre.
In this role you will oversee the holistic care needs of residents; including the provision of personal care, domestic services and/or daily living supports. This role will be primarily based in the Memory Support Unit of Castledare Village. Previous experience in dementia care will be essential.
The successful candidate will be supported and guided by the Facility Manager, Clinical Nurse and the 24 hour onsite Registered Nurse. Ongoing training will be made available.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience with Dementia specific care (essential)
- Availability to work AM and PM shifts
- Certificate III in Aged Care
- Experience in Aged Care
- Competency in dispensing medication
- The ability to problem solve and adapt to the residents' needs
- The ability to empathise with elderly residents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability and commitment to uphold high standards of work
Click here for the Position Description