Graduate Registered Nurse
- Not-for-profit organisation
- 1 year fixed-term full time contract
- Must be available to work AM and PM
- Competitive salary
- Generous salary packaging
- 6 weeks leave accrual
- Free parking on site
- Ongoing training and development
About the Role
This position is aimed at the newly graduated registered nurse who has a passion for aged care and making a difference to people's lives.
Australia has an ageing population and this area of work is growing and will continue to grow into the future – there is a demand for young dynamic passionate nursing professionals in an industry that has often been overlooked by many in the nursing profession.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person. Aged care and palliative care is hugely rewarding, and is a career with massive scope for career progression.
This role will be required to work across seven of our facilities (six in Perth metro and one in Bunbury).
This role will give you exposure to areas such as:
- Palliative care
- Wound care
- Chronic disease management
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team (allied health – physiotherapists, occupational therapists, podiatrist, speech pathologists), medical professionals and palliative specialists
- Learning to communicate effectively with families, hospitals and external medical specialists
- Holistic approach to care
- Admission planning, ongoing care and early identification of the deteriorating patient
- Opportunities to be involved in clinical meetings, clinical reporting - Learning about KPIs – trending and analysis, clinical audits and clinical governance
- Accreditation process
To be considered, applicants will have:
- Current AHPRA (Registered) Nursing Registration
- Willingness to learn and develop their skill set
- A positive outlook and passion for Aged Care
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft Office product