Lifestyle Facilitator - Castledare Village
- Permanent part-time position
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options available
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for a dynamic Lifestyle Facilitator to assist in the delivery of lifestyle engagement programs at Castledare Village, Wilson.
The successful candidate will work to understand the residents and build relationships with their relatives, friends and advocates. Using this to provide our Residents with activities personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, the Lifestyle Facilitator will help them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are.
The Lifestyle Facilitator is also responsible for creating and planning a schedule of group activities and one-to-one sessions tailored to residents, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes. Most of all, the Lifestyle team is to make the facility a happy place and make our residents SMILE.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience in Aged Care
- Experience with organising and leading activities and events in residential aged care
- Certificate III or IV in Allied Health Assistance (desirable)
- Ability to sing or play a musical instrument (desirable)
- Provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to resident activity plans.
- Outstanding communication skills
- A genuine desire to have fun
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving abilities
- Empathy and Diplomacy with residents and Families
To view this role's Position Description, click here.