Lifestyle Facilitator - Ocean Star Village
- Fixed term full time position (6 months)
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options available
About the role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for a dynamic Lifestyle Facilitator (Occupational Therapy Assistant) to help our Residents live the life they deserve and find purpose.
The successful applicant will work to understand our Residents and build relationships with their relatives, friends and advocates. Using this to provide our Residents with activities personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, the Lifestyle Facilitator will help them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are.
The Lifestyle Facilitator is also responsible for creating and planning a schedule of group activities tailored to Residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling them to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes. Most of all, the Lifestyle Facilitator is to make their home a happy place and make our Residents SMILE.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Certificate III or IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience as a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant in aged care (or similar)
- Excellent time management, organisation skills and problem solving abilities
- Bright, bubbly personality with outstanding communication skills
- Dedication and passion for working with the elderly
To view this role's Position Description, click here.