Lifestyle Facilitator - Servite Village
- Casual position
- Various shifts available
- Competitive hourly rate plus superannuation
About the Role
Catholic Homes has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Lifestyle Facilitator to help our Care Partners (residents) live the life they deserve and find purpose.
The successful candidate will work to understand our Care Partners and build relationships with their relatives, friends and advocates. Using this to provide our Care Partners with activities personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, the Lifestyle Facilitator will help them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are.
The Lifestyle Facilitator is also responsible for creating and planning a schedule of group activities tailored to Care Partners to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling them to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes. Most of all, the Lifestyle Facilitator is to make their home a happy place and make our Care Partners SMILE.
This role is based in our Servite Village Residence in Joondanna. Situated just ten minutes from Perth City Centre and right on the doorstep of the vibrant shops, cafes and restaurants of Mount Hawthorn, the residence comprises of 32 rooms set amongst landscaped gardens and courtyards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Availability to work Monday to Saturday
- Availability to relieve across Lifestyle Facilitator and Physiotherapy Assistant shifts
- Cert III in Allied Health Assistance
- Experience in Aged Care
- Experience as a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant in residential aged care
- Bright, bubbly personality with outstanding communication skills
- Understanding of working with dementia
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving abilities
- The ability to provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to Care Partner activity plans.
- Empathy and Diplomacy with Care Partners and Families
To view this role's position description, click here.