Lifestyle Facilitator - Trinity
- Full-time fixed term position - 15/4/19 to 14/10/19
- Must be available to work set shifts Monday to Friday
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
This role is Beyond Bingo and Bus trips, we are looking for someone to help our residents live the life they deserve and find purpose.
The successful candidate will work to understand our residents and build relationships with their relatives, friends and advocates. Using this, to provide our residents with activities personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are.
The Lifestyle Facilitator is also responsible for creating and planning a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes. Most of all, the Lifestyle Facilitator is to make their home a happy place and make our residents SMILE.
This role is based in our Trinity Village. Situated in Duncraig, Trinity Village is a 39-room residence set in landscaped gardens and located close to Perth's beautiful northern beaches.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Availability to work allocated shifts, Monday to Friday (9.30am to 5.00pm)
- Minimum 2 years' experience with elderly individuals
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of the Montessori method (desirable)
- Bright ,bubbly personality with a passion for aged care
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience as a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant in residential aged care desirable
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving abilities
- Provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to resident activity plans.
- Empathy and Diplomacy with residents and Families
Click here for the Position Description