Lifestyle Team Leader
- Salary Packaging
- Permanent part-time position (4 days a week, 64 hours per fortnight)
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
This role is Beyond Bingo and Bus trips. We are looking for someone to help the residents live the life they deserve.
The successful candidate will work to understand the residents and build relationships with their relatives, friends and advocates. Using this, to provide our residents with activities personalised to their likes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are.
The Lifestyle Team Leader is also responsible for creating and planning a schedule of group activities and one-to-one sessions tailored to residents, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes. Most of all, the Lifestyle team is to make the facility a happy place and make our residents SMILE.
This role is based in our Castledare Village Facility, in Wilson. Situated next to the meandering Canning River, this Facility comprises of 73 private rooms, in four houses; one of which is a specialised dementia facility as well as a new Comfort Care Centre.
This role will include, but not limited to:
- Provide supervision, direction and support to the Lifestyle team
- Design activities and lifestyle programs in line with the "Care with Purpose" model
- Provide mentorship across the Facility to promote "Care with Purpose" model
- In conjunction with the Facility Manager oversee the Lifestyle budget, documentation, equipment and supplies
- Regularly participates in multidisciplinary resident care planning meetings/ ACFI/ Case conferences
- Be the contact person for community and volunteer resources for the Facility
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bright ,bubbly personality with a passion for aged care
- A genuine desire to have fun
- Experience as a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant in residential aged care (desirable)
- Provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to resident activity plans.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and problem solving abilities
- Empathy and Diplomacy with residents and Families
Click here for the Position Description