Occupational Therapist - Ocean Star Village
- Permanent part-time position (negotiable days and hours)
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options available
About the Role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join Servite Village on a permanent part-time basis. This position will commence mid January 2021. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
This position is responsible for:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for residents
- Provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required
- Provide pain management and clinical support as and when required.
Commencing mid January 2021, the successful candidate will be working 2-3 days per week. Ongoing support will be provided by the Facility Manager, on-site Clinical Nurse and the Care team. Ongoing training and skill development will also be provided.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and the change process
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Montessori Principles and the 'Care with Purpose' model (desirable)
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development
To view this role's Position Description, click here.