Occupational Therapist- Ocean Star
- Permanent part-time position
- 16 hours per fortnight
- Generous salary packaging options available
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for Ocean Star residents, in line with Catholic Homes' Care with Purpose model. This role is also responsible for provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required.
In this role, you will be supported by the Facility Manager, an on-site Clinical Nurse and Allied Health team. You will also receive additional support from our organisational resources, ongoing training and skill development.
The successful applicant will be tertiary qualified in Occupational Therapy and currently registered to practice.
- Tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy, currently registered with APHRA;
- Passion to make a difference to the lives of older adults;
- Drive to contribute to best practice;
- Experience in leading and delivering new projects and initiatives;
- Able to work independently as well as effective liaison, networking, team building and relationship building skills;
- Good organisational and computer skills;
- High standard of oral and written communication skills;
- Positive work commitment, honesty and integrity;
- Current driver's license
- Experience working with older adults;
- An in-depth understanding of dementia, mental health conditions and responsive behaviours;
- An understanding of Accreditation and ACFI;
- Knowledge of person centered care approaches such as the Montessori Approach
Click here for the Position Description