Occupational Therapist - St Vincent's
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options up to $15,900 available
About the Role
Catholic Homes has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join on a full-time basis at our St. Vincent's site in Guildford.
Set by the Swan River with stunning views of the water and surrounding area, our new St Vincent's site is a two-story 85 room residence with multiple living areas including spacious lounges, libraries and dining areas.
The successful candidate will be supported by the Facility Manager, an on-site Clinical Nurse, Clinical Nurse Manager and the Allied Health team. Additional support from our organisational resources, ongoing training and skill development is also provided.
This position is responsible for:
- The development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for residents
- Provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required
- The provision of clinical support and pain management (minimal, if at all) as and when required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) and a current registration with the Occupational Therapist Registration board of WA
- Previous experience working in an aged care environment (desirable)
- Experience in effective supervision and the change process
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and the range and types of services available to the elderly
- Excellent time management, organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Montessori Principles and the 'Care with Purpose' model (desirable)
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and maintain professional development
To view this role's Position Description, click here.