Occupational Therapist - Various Facilities
- Permanent part-time position
- 72 hours per fortnight
- Working at various sites within the Perth Metro region
About the Role
This is a permanent position working 72 hours per fortnight across three sites. The successful applicant will spend 3 days per fortnight each at Catholic Homes' Servite Village; Archbishop Goody and Marist Lodge facilities.
In this role, you will be supported by the Facility Manager, an on-site Clinical Nurse and Allied Health team. You will also receive additional support from our organisational resources, ongoing training and skill development.
This position is responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle programs for residents in line with Catholic Homes' Care with Purpose model. This role is also responsible for provision of training and support to Occupational Therapy Assistants as required.
- Tertiary degree in Occupational Therapy, currently registered with APHRA;
- Passion to make a difference to the lives of older adults;
- Drive to contribute to best practice;
- Experience in leading and delivering new projects and initiatives;
- Effective liaison, networking, team building and relationship building skills;
- Good organisational and computer skills;
- High standard of oral and written communication skills;
- Positive work commitment, honesty and integrity;
- Current C class license; and
- National Police Clearance.
- Experience working with older adults;
- An in-depth understanding of dementia, mental health conditions and responsive behaviours;
- An understanding of Accreditation and ACFI; and
- Knowledge of person centered care approaches such as Montessori Approach.