Occupational Therapy Assistant (Lifestyle Facilitator) - Castledare Village
- Permanent part-time position
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday
- Competitive rate + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Free on-site parking
About the Role
Castledare Village, in Wilson, is situated next to the meandering Canning River, and comprises 73 private rooms, in four houses; one of which is a specialised dementia facility as well as the new Comfort Care Centre.
As the Lifestyle Facilitator (Occupational Therapy Assistant) at Castledare Village, you will facilitate and provide Occupational Therapy services to the residents under the direction of Allied Health Professionals inline with Catholic Homes' Care with Purpose model.
A responsibility of a Lifestyle Facilitators may include, but is not limited to, assisting with the planning and preparation of events such as Anzac Day, one-on-one or group activities and external outings with the residents.
The successful candidate will have:
- Certificate IV Allied Health Assistant (highly desirable)
- previous experience in aged care (essential)
- cheerful and creative personality
- adaptive problem solving skills, which ensure our residents' needs are tended to
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability, and commitment, to uphold high standards of work
- the ability to demonstrate empathy with elderly residents
Click here for the Position Description