Pastoral Care Practitioner
- Part time position
- Working 2 days a week
- Salary packaging option available
- Free on site parking
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Pastoral Care Practitioner to join the Pastoral Care Services Team.
Catholic Homes' model of Pastoral Care, while having a Catholic ethos, will be respectful of each faith, tradition or denomination and of those who do not share a faith-based belief. It shares and includes the journey of each individual, their story and its significance in our common humanness. Applicant must be available to work two (2) days a week. As this position requires you to work within a few of our homes you will need a valid driver's license and a registered motor vehicle.
To be considered, applicants will have:
- previous experience as a Pastoral Care Practitioner
- completed one Clinical Pastoral Education unit
- aged care experience (highly desirable)
- understanding or wanting to work with the elderly
- understanding of the Catholic ethos;
- work as part of a team to provide emotional and spiritual support, people's person; and nnovative in approach to connect with people on an emotional / spiritual level.