Pastoral Care Practitioner
- Permanent part-time position - Working 2 days a week
- Free on site parking
- Salary packaging options
About the Role
Catholic Homes is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated Pastoral Care Practitioner. Working with the Pastoral Care team, the successful candidate will bring comfort, support, hope and compassion to deliver effective pastoral care to residents, residents’ families and staff.
Catholic Homes' model of Pastoral Care, while having a Catholic ethos, is respectful of each faith, tradition or denomination and of those who do not share a faith-based belief. It shares and includes the journey of each individual, their story and its significance in our common humanness.
The successful candidate must be available to work two (2) days a week.
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Previous experience as a Pastoral Care Practitioner;
- Completed at least one Clinical Pastoral Education unit
- Good listening skills
- Aged Care experience (highly desirable)
- Valid driver's licence
- A roadworthy and registered vehicle;
- Understanding of the Catholic ethos;
- Ability to work as part of a team to provide emotional and spiritual support,
- A people's person; and
- Innovative in approach to connect with people on an emotional / spiritual level
Click here for the Position Description