Visiting residential aged care
Effective from Wednesday 7 September 2022, the limit of 2 visitors per day for our Perth metropolitan residences is lifted.
To assist staff at Ocean Star aged care in Bunbury, weekday and weekend visiting hours are in place 9:00am to 12:00 noon and 1:00pm to 5:00pm. If you need to request arrangements outside these hours, please speak with your facility manager who can assist on a case by case basis.
All visitors are kindly reminded that they must receive their 2022 influenza vaccination to enter residential aged care. More details are available here.
Before and during your visit
To protect the most vulnerable members in the community, and our staff, we kindly remind all visitors to adhere to all precautions mandated by Health authorities, including:
- People may only enter our aged care residences after seven days from when they are identified as a COVID-19 case or a close contact; and return a negative test/are symptom-free
- Please do not visit if you are COVID-19 symptomatic or unwell, we encourage you to stay home to recover and seek a test to rule out the virus
- Visitors must continue to provide a negative COVID-19 RAT test before attending
- Proof of vaccination is required, if you have not already done so
- Mask wearing at all times on premises remains mandatory until otherwise notified
- Practice hand hygiene, cough etiquette and physical distancing
- Visitors must check in and out using the Zipline visitor management system.
Proof of vaccination
Our new Zipline electronic check-in system allows you to upload your vaccination certificate so you can confirm your status when you arrive, making check-ins simple and quick.
If you cannot check in electronically , or choose to provide a paper copy of your vaccination proof, you will need this bring vaccination proof and personal identification.
When you arrive at the residence
Visitors are invited to use our new Zipline electronic check in system which can check your temperature, confirm vaccination status and health declaration. Please speak with our staff if you need assistance, we are happy to help you.
Catholic Homes sincerely thanks you for your patience and cooperation.