Education Coordinator (Registered Nurse)
- Permanent full-time position
- Generous salary packaging options
- Generous leave provisions
About the role
Catholic Homes is seeking an Education Coordinator (Registered Nurse) to plan, coordinate and implement training programs for clinical staff members (Nurses and Care Workers).
The successful candidate will possess a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and provide professional training, education, nursing care and leadership to Catholic Homes' residents and staff.
This role will work alongside our Clinical Nurses, Facility Managers and wider Care Services team to ensure clinical best practice across all Catholic Homes' facilities.
The key responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating education programs to compliment best practice and clinical change initiatives
- Maintaining professional standards of knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and contemporary practices in Aged Care and Community Services
- The provision of flexible, supportive learning environment for all learners
- Developing and delivering an induction program for new Care Workers and Nurses within Residential care
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (or similar)
- Current AHPRA (Registered) Nursing Registration
- Significant clinical experience in Residential Aged care
- Experience with training and coaching in an aged care setting
- Demonstrated leadership and team management experience
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to mentor the care team
- Working knowledge of Aged Care Legislation, Accreditation standards and ACFI
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge based on best practice including developing care plans and assessments
- Knowledge of the Montessori principles, 'Care with Purpose' model (desirable)
- Experience with Telstra Health Care (Desirable)
To view the Position Description click here.