Skip to content Skip to menu

Making the move into aged care

When you join an aged care provider, it’s only natural to have questions about your new home. There are so many things to consider even before making the transition.

Catholic Homes has been caring for Western Australians since 1965 and we understand that moving into one of our residences doesn’t mean all the things you enjoyed before need to stop. In fact, you might even discover new passions through our lifestyle programs.

Our Care with Purpose care model focuses on helping each person to live a life of purpose and value in an environment that promotes independence and engagement.

Here are a few tips about making the transition into your new home easier:

Your health

We have a number of regular GPs that visit our residences on a regular basis and work closely with our care team. We’re happy to introduce you to them and if you decide to use our GPs, please let your current doctor know that you’ll be moving so your records can be transferred.

Outside appointments

Wherever possible, we ask that a family member accompanies you to any appointments. However, we can offer support to attend appointments available on request.


If you already have private health insurance, we encourage you to keep this policy, as well as arrange for private ambulance cover through your health insurance provider. We also recommend that you look into personal contents insurance for any valuables you’ll be bringing with you to Catholic Homes.


We don’t recommend you keep large sums of money in your room and there is a locked drawer for you to keep any valuable items such as jewellery or personal mementos.


We currently have a preferred pharmacy that supplies and delivers the medication to our residences. You will be provided with a form in your arrival pack for you to complete.


To make sure your friends and family can keep in touch, please advise Australia Post of your move. It’s a good idea to put a redirection notice in place so mail can be sent to your new address or to a family member.


It’s important to update your enrolment details with the Australian Electoral Commission when you move. You can do this by contacting them on 13 23 26 or

To find out more information please contact us on 1300 244 111 or